Kaw Valley Eagles Day 2017
Saturday, January 21
8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Free State HS Commons, 4700 Overland Dr. (North of 6th & Wakarusa)
- Live Raptors
- 20+ Exhibitors
- Eagle Viewing Field Trips
Volunteers still needed to help on the day!
Eagles Day Attractions
Exhibits & Activities Open 8:30 - 4:00
Guided Eagle Viewing Field Trips
10:45 a.m. & 3:00 p.m.
- Meet at north entrance to Free State High School
- Dress for the weather.
- Buses are free: First come first served
- or follow in your car.
Last minute questions?
9:00 to 10:30 a.m. & 1:15 to 2:45 p.m.
“Kansas’ Nesting Bald Eagles & Live Raptors"
Marty Birrell, Prairie Park Nature Center and Mike Watkins, Army Corps of Engineers (ret.)
- Audubon of Kansas
- Citizens Climate Lobby
- Douglas County Conservation District
- Friends of the Kaw
- Grassland Heritage Foundation Hidden Valley Camp
- Kansas Geological Survey
- Kaw Valley Bluebird Association
- Lawrence-Douglas Cty Fire & Medical
- Topeka Zoo And MORE!
Dissect an owl pellet, investigate guessing boxes, make a hat, check a bluebird box, go fishing, build a bird house, construct a watershed and... Come see what else!
- Army Corps of Engineers Kansas City District
- Jayhawk Audubon Society
- Lawrence Public Schools Chickadee Checkoff
- Westar Energy Green Team
- ICL Performance Products
- Crown Automotive
- Baker Wetlands Discovery Center
- The Home Depot
- City of Lawrence Solid Waste Division
Food will be available for purchase.